Saturday, February 11, 2012

Hand Crafted Valentine's Ideas

Only a few more days until Valentine's Day. Are you ready? I thought that we were all finished with our Valentine's cards and projects until ..... my daughter and I went to a Valentine's playdate/party the other day and I fell in love with the craft that the hostess (and fellow party lover) had waiting for us. I almost immediately came home and googled my way to its original source, Fiskars, and was delighted to find the craft instructions as well as a few other fun ideas.

{Image: Fiskars}
Charlotte and I made the "I'm bananas for you!" craft together at our Valentine's playdate and we both had fun doing it. It wasn't one of those crafts where the child has to basically sit back and watch while the adult does all of the work. It was age appropiate (she is 3 years old) and the final result was so cute. My friend had all of the shapes for making the monkey pre-cut and ready to assemble before we got there. She also provided banana chips in place of the candy bananas which I thought was a wonderful idea, especially when you are dealing with a group of 3 year olds that already have more energy than they know what to do with. Thanks Nicole! You can find the DIY instructions over at Fiskars, here.

{Image: Fiskars}
Check out this "You're Grrrrrreat!" Lion Lollipop cover from Fiskars. I mean, really! These would be so cute for a younger group of children, like a preschool class or playgroup.

{Image: Fiskars}
And what about this "You Rock" Valentine's idea? I know that my oldest son (8) would LOVE getting a package of Pop Rocks to try out and I feel like the presentation of this Valentine's craft isn't as juvenile looking, perfect for your grade-schoolers.

{Image: Fiskars}
For all of these craft ideas and more, visit Fiskars, here. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment